Data protection statement
1. General information on the processing of personal data
(1) The protection of your personal data is of special importance to us. In the following, we would therefore like to provide you with detailed information about the personal data processed when our website is used.
(2) For explanations of the terms used, such as "personal data" or their "processing", please refer to the definitions provided in section 4 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
(3) We only process personal data in keeping with the applicable data protection regulations. User data are hence only processed as permitted by law, which means that your consent is provided, especially if the data processing is necessary or statutorily required for the provision of our contractual services (e.g. processing of orders) and online services, and also based on our legitimate interests (i.e. interest in the analysis, optimization, cost-effective operation and security of our online offer within the meaning of GDPR section 6.1.f, particularly in reach measurement and the collection of access data).
(4) We would like to point out that the legal basis for the consent is GDPR sections 6.1.a and 7, the legal basis of the processing for providing our services and performing contractual measures is GDPR section 6.1.b, the legal basis of the processing for meeting our statutory obligations is GDPR section 6.1.c, and that the legal basis of the processing for upholding our legitimate interests is GDPR section 6.1.f.
(5) The controller as per GDPR section 4.7 is
GSP Sprachtechnologie GmbH
Telephone: +49 (0) 30 7699 290
Please see our legal notice for further information.
2. Data processing when contacting us
If you contact us by e-mail, telephone or by means of a contact form, we will process the data communicated by you (e.g. e-mail address, name, telephone number, or also the content of the query) to answer your questions and/or process your request. The legal basis is GDPR section 6.1.b.
3. Data processing when applying
You can apply via our websites or by e-mail. When you apply, we collect and save the data that you enter in the form or that you send us by e-mail. We process your data only for the purpose of processing your application. A disclosure of your data to third parties does not take place. The legal basis for processing is GDPR section 6.1.b. If we can not offer you a job, we will save your data for a maximum of 6 months after the end of the application process.
4. Data processing for contract performance
(1) We process your contact data (name, address, consultant, etc.), contract data (orders, payment information, etc.) and data related to our communication (e-mails, telephone queries, etc.) for the provision, performance and invoicing of contractual services. The contact and contract data are required for contract conclusion.
(2) We may disclose your data for above purposes to service providers that support us, which we have carefully selected, of course, and who are bound by our instructions and subject to the applicable statutory data protection regulations. This especially includes the technical service providers supporting us in the provision of our services.
(3) The legal basis is the contractual relationship in hand (GDPR section 6.1.b).
5. Data processing when visiting our webpages
(1) If you use our webpages for information only, i.e. without making any queries, registering for our offers or providing us with personal information in other ways, we will process the data that your browser sends to our server and which are technically required to display our webpages to you and ensure their stability and security:
- IP address
- Date and time of the request
- Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT),
- Content of the request (specific page)
- Access status / HTTP status code
- Respectively transferred data volume
- Webpage from which the request is made
- Browser type
- Server log files
- Operating system
- Language of the browser software
(2) The legal basis is GDPR section 6.1.f, namely our legitimate interest in displaying the visited webpages.
(1) In addition to the data detailed above, cookies will be stored on your device when you use our webpages. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard disk, allocated to the browser you use, and provide us with information. They serve to make our internet offer more user-friendly and effective overall. The legal basis is GDPR section 6.1.f, namely our legitimate interest in improving the user-friendliness of our web offer and evaluating our online marketing activities.
(2) When you visit our webpages, you will be provided with a temporary cookie to identify your browser and determine your user behaviour and search method.
(3) You can configure your browser settings as you wish and refuse the acceptance of cookies this way, for example. We need to point out that you may not be able to use all the functions of our webpages in this case.
(1) Our website gives you the opportunity to subscribe to our company's newsletter. The newsletter serves GSP to inform clients and interested parties on the latest trends and developments all around the subjects of passenger information, passenger safety and passenger entertainment at regular intervals.
(2) If you subscribe to the newsletter, we will store your e-mail address, and optionally also your name and company along with statistical information (IP address, date, time) at the time of the registration, internally here at GSP.
By subscribing to our newsletter, you declare your consent with its receipt and the process described below. We will only send you the newsletter with your consent.
(3) Double opt-in and logging: Registration for our newsletter is based on a so-called double opt-in process. After your registration, you will thus receive an e-mail asking you to confirm it. This confirmation is necessary so that nobody can register with other people's e-mail addresses. The registrations for the newsletter are logged to ensure the registration procedure's documentability in keeping with the legal requirements. This also involves the storage of the registration and confirmation time, as well as your IP address.
(4) These data can furthermore be used in a pseudonymous form, i.e. without relating to a user, to optimize or improve the service, e.g. for the technical optimization of the distribution and newsletter display, or for statistical purposes to identify the countries recipients come from.
(5) The statistical surveys and analyses and logging of the registration process are performed on the basis of our legitimate interest as per GDPR section 6.1.f. Our interest is directed at the use of a user-friendly and safe newsletter system that serves our business interests as well as meeting user expectations.
(6) You can stop receiving the newsletter at any time by withdrawing your consents. Your consents to its distribution and the statistical analyses will then expire at the very same time.
8. Your rights
(1) You have the following rights against us with respect to your personal data:
- Right to information (GDPR section 15)
- Right to rectification and deletion (GDPR sections 16 and 17)
- Right to restrict the processing (GDPR section 18)
- Right to object to the processing (GDPR section 21)
- Right to data mobility (GDPR section 20).
- (2) You are also entitled to lodge a complaint about our processing of your personal data with the supervisory authority for data protection.
(3) We would like to point out to you that you can always withdraw any consent you have given us under data protection law with effect for the future. The same applies to your consent to promotional approaches. The respective withdrawal can mean that our offers can no longer be provided to you at all, or only to a limited extent.
(4) If our processing of your personal data is based on a balancing of interests (GDPR section 6.1.f) you can object to this processing. If you exercise such an objection, please detail the reasons why we are not meant to process your personal data as we do. If your objection is justified, we will review the situation and either stop or adjust the data processing or detail our mandatory legitimate reasons for continuing the processing to you.
9. Data disclosure to third parties and third-party providers
(1) Data are only disclosed to third parties in keeping with the statutory requirements. We will only disclose your data to third parties where this is required for contractual purposes, e.g. based on GDPR 6.1.b, or on the basis of our legitimate interest in the economical and effective operation of our business as per GDPR section 6.1.f.
(2) Where we rely on subcontractors to provide our services, we apply suitable legal precautions and the corresponding technical and organizational measures required to ensure that personal data are protected in keeping with the applicable legal requirements.
(3) If we use contents, tools or other means from other providers (collectively referred to as "third-party providers" below) under this data protection declaration whose stated base is in a third country, it is to be assumed that data will be transferred to the countries where the third-party providers are based. Third countries need to be understood as countries where the GDPR is not directly applicable as legislation, i.e. principally countries outside the EU and/or the European Economic Area.
(4) We will only process your data in a third country where this is required for fulfilling our (pre-) contractual obligations (as per GDPR section 6.1.b) or based on your consent (as per GDPR section 6.1.a), necessitated by a statutory obligation (as per GDPR section 6.1.c) or based on our legitimate interests (as per GDPR section 6.1.f). The same applies to the processing by third parties at our behest, the disclosure of your personal data to third parties, as well as their transmission to third parties.
10. Data deletion
(1) The data we store will be deleted as soon as they are no longer required for their intended purpose and their deletion is not prevented by statutory retention period. If user data are not deleted because they are required for other and lawful purposes, their processing will be restricted. This means that the data are blocked and not processed for other purposes. This applies to user data needing to be retained because of statutory commercial or tax requirements, for example.
11. Final provisions
(1) We use technical and organizational security measures to protect your data, especially from deliberate or accidental manipulation, loss and destruction, and against attack from unauthorized persons. Our security measures are being continuously improved in line with the technological developments.
(2) We reserve the right to change our data protection statement as required by new technologies or changes in our data processing procedures, or to adjust them to changes in the legal situation pertaining to us. This only concerns this data protection statement, however. If we process your personal data on the basis of a consent provided by you or if parts of the data protection statement include provisions concerning the contractual relationship with users, possible changes will only be applied with the users' consent.
Version dated: 25/05/2018